Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Feeding the ducks

So I took dd out to the duck pond at the park. We needed to get out of the house the weather was good and dd had so much fun chasing the geese and ducks. Can you believe it's spring and almost easter. I wanted to do easter pictures outside but it just doesn't work that well with all the snow on the ground and everything looking dead. Oh well we can use all the water we can get. Thanks for the cc on my Zoo pictures. I have more but thought I would share something new. I got a lot of compliments on my conversions on those pics and someone asked if it was an action. I did not use an action I created a preset in curves and that's what I used. I really liked the way it looked on the zoo pics. CC is always welcome and encouraged.

ISO 100 f/7.1 SS 1/250

I had to snap this pic of the blue bird as it was so pretty and colorful in all the dead and snowy environment we were in. It's exciting to see the birds back as it means spring is coming.


ISO 100 F9.0 SS 1/60

And this one is just for fun. We finally made the switch and turned dd's crib into a day bed. This is her first night trying to get her to sleep in her bed. We spent an hour putting her back in bed and trying to convice her to stay there. We finally had to just shut the door so she couldn't get out of her room (she has a night light.) So when I went to bed I thought I better check on her and make sure she was in her bed. Nope she grabbed her blanket off her bed and got in to her bouncer (turned into a rocking chair) and went to sleep. I had to snap a picture.

16 comments:

Shawna said...

Love the first one, the color of her hat against all of the neutral colors is so cool! And the sleeping pic is just precious! How did you get such great light?

For Over 29 Years... said...

Looks like you tuckered her out. so sweet! I love the birds. Great job!

Krystle said...

Your color is great. I just love the moment you caught of your daughter. Perfect.

Anonymous said...

Great shot and that is so funny that last one...I love it!
Cari

Anonymous said...

What a cutie. I love when they crash in weird spots.

Margaret said...

Love the first shot. Looks like she's having so much fun. And that last one of her sleeping is just precious!

Becky said...

Aaah, more scary geese!:-) I think that bird is an indigo bunting; it's a rare treat to see one here. The last shot is so cute and funny. Those transitions can be so tough on little ones AND their parents.

pat said...

Oh my gosh--that bluebird shot ROCKS!!! Can't believe the size of those geese; with their necks stretched, they look taller than her!

C said...

AWWW, that last picture is too cute :)

Photo's by Shan said...

I love your pictures! The zoo ones are awesome. I love how she is sleeping in her chair. Too cute!

Tracie said...

Looks like a fun day Danielle! Love all the shots, the sleeping is just so precious and I love the lighting you got.

April said...

how fun..too bad she didn't fall asleep in the bed.

mamawest777 said...

Love the last one!! Hang in there on the bed! It WILL happen!

Jess said...

I am also thrilled to see the birds coming back! I saw a Robin the other day! YAY!

That last shot is SO precious! I hope you are going to scrap it and journal about her big girl bed!

Val said...

Fun shots!

Anonymous said...

love her in the bouncy seat thingy! too CUTE!
tara