Monday, March 3, 2008

Pics of DH and DD

Thought I would take some pics of dd and dh. Let me know if you think their faces are too washed out. I'm working with natural light. I know I need a reflector (working on that). I can redue the conversion though if you think the faces are too washed out. Thanks for the cc on these.


19 comments:

Angela2932 said...

Not too washed out from my perspective, but hopefully, more knowledgeable people will weigh in.

Stacey said...

These look great to me... What sweet photos of your DD and DH! She's adorable and he's a good-lookin guy!

Sara said...

These are such pretty shots!
For my taste, the first is too bright, but in the second, it looks good to me. For cc, be careful of your crops- leave yourself some room for framing!

Photo's by Shan said...

I really like them, they are so cute. I like the high contrast look.

Shanna Jones said...

I think the white shirt was your problem in these shots...I had the same problem with my DH yesterday. Reflected the sun too much. Lovely conversation though!

Anonymous said...

Not knowledgeable enough to give you cc so Ijust wanted to tell you how sweet these are of dd and dh.

Val said...

Nice looking pair. i don't know that they are washed out, per se, but they look a little hot to me. My screen is very bright though, so it could be that

Anonymous said...

What sweet photos. My monitor has been a bit wonky lately..so it could be just me. They do look a bit hot on my screen. I've been having trouble with my B&W conversions because of this. Which kills me because B&W is my fav!

Becky said...

I'm never good at that kind of CC, just want to say cute shots of them together!

Shawna said...

SO cute! I like the 2nd one the best, the shadows add a little more contrast!

Margaret said...

I really like the look of these. I think they are beautiful shots!

Mandy said...

What a sweet shot. It does look like they have a bit of a hot spot on the last photo, but it doesn't hurt the effects of the shots. I really like your conversion.

Amy said...

I think they look really nice, not washed out. I do prefer the lighting on the second one though. Great shots!

Mom2Drew said...

They may be a tad blown, but such great shots regardless...nice relationship captured.

Krystle said...

Awww what cuties you get to hang out with! The conversion looks good to me, but I like bright. Good job.

Anonymous said...

such sweet photos!
tara

Bobbi said...

Such great photos, I think if you tone them down just a bit they would be perfection. That is a great conversion.

Trina said...

very cute shots! I don't think they are too washed out, I like your conversion too!

Dana Anderson said...

It sounds like you photoshopped to get this look. That being the case, you would call this an artistic choice rather than missed exposure.

By the way I can see detail in the highlights, so that gives you choices. I like the shots. I think I like the first one best. The framing is right. The high contrast is marvelous and it is great that brought DD forward to keep the shadow off her face. Very nicely thought out shot.

Good work!!!