Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Pics from the Zoo

Ok so these pics weren't taken today but oh well. I took dd to the Zoo on friday. We had great weather and couldn't pass it up. We had so much fun, however it was hard chasing a 2yr old and taking her picture at the same time. I thought I would do a vintage feel to these and try the rounded corners. I really like the feel to them. The only zoom lense I have is the Sigma 28-105mm f2.8 and that's what I used. I really don't like this lense as my images aren't as sharp as they are when I use my 50mm f/1.8. So I will need to get a better zoom lense but that will have to wait a while. CC is welcomed and encouraged and please don't be afraid to give me the hard stuff. I shot in raw for the first time and I think it's the way to go. I just don't care for the work flow as there are too many programs to process in. I will have to work on that. Thanks for all the CC and feedback. I really appreciate it.

ISO 400 f/4.0 SS 640 105 mm


ISO 400 F/2.8 SS 3200 28mm

ISO 400 F/4.0 SS 1/2000 105mm

18 comments:

Photo's by Shan said...

It looks like you had fun. I love the last picture. She is so cute!

bprincephoto said...

I love these. She is adorable and that last picture looks like she is having so much fun.

Sharon said...

Very nice! Who cares about the animals, it's how the children react that is important. Glad you captured it.

April said...

oh how cute..i love her pigtails and those flowers are adorable. looks like she had fun.

Margaret said...

So beautiful. I love the vintage feel and the Rounded corners. Glad you're liking RAW!:)

Amy said...

Love the first shot! These are great, I love the pink hue to them!

Anonymous said...

these are great!! so much better than the pics i got at the zoo last week! love what you did with them!

Jason said...

Neat shots, I really like the last one.

Mandy said...

Wow...these are so lovely. The last one is my favorite. She has such a sweet face!

You really cannot beat the sharpness of a prime lens, can you! I just love mine.

Mom2Drew said...

The vintage definitely works with these.

pat said...

These are really fun--looks like a great day. Her expression in the last shot is darling.

Becky said...

I love zoos! She looks like she's having a ball. I like the vintage look.

jewels said...

ohhhh...I love that last one. Such a special moment. :) I also like the angle from which you shot the 2nd one with the peacock, and geese (ducks?).

:)

Cheers,
jewels

Anonymous said...

She is adorable. She looks so cute running after the birds

Val said...

so pretty! love those daisies

Suzy said...

That last photo is my fav, but all of them are just to cute!!

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the 2nd one!
so much!
tara

Tori said...

looks like y'all had a good time! love her pigtails!