Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Bountiful Temple

So I went to go to my PS class tonight and stupid me didn't realize that last week was the last day (I didn't go cause I had a migraine). The cool thing was the Bountiful Temple was just up the street and I thought perfect I can take some pictures. This is an important place for me. This is where I got married 3 years ago. I made covenants here with the Lord that I would strive to live after the example He set and follow his guidence and teachings. I have faith in the covenants I made with my husband in this temple that our marriage will last through all eternity and that as I strive to be obedient to the commandments and follow the example the Savior set for me I will receive the blessings of exaltation. I come to the Temple often to renew my covenants with the Lord and recieve the strength I need to overcome my imperfections. The temple is a reminder to me of what kind of person I want/can be and helps me become that person. I have a long way to go but am greatful for the loving patience of the Savior.

ISO 100 F/4.5 SS 1/640 28-105mm lense
SOOC except for a little contrast added.

ISO 100 F/8.0 SS 1/125 28-105mm lens

And this one is just for fun. Thanks for all your wonderful compliments yesturday. It really means a lot to me to get feedback. And for any family members who are looking you can comment also and I promise I will respond.

18 comments:

Margaret said...

Beautiful shots of the temple! That's just up the street from where I live. Love your journaling, too!:)

Photo's by Shan said...

I totally love that second picture of the temple. That is so pretty!

Suzy said...

Where is/was your class held? I am staring one tomorrow in the same area, and would love to know other places that have classes available?

Mandy said...

That is a huge temple...wow. I love the first shot with the sun coming through. Gorgeous.

Becky said...

Love the colors of the one of your DD. LDS temples are so beautiful.

Val said...

Great shots!

Jen said...

That 2nd one is beautiful!!! Great job!! Love the sun in the 1st as well!

Bobbi said...

I love that second shot, really pretty and the comp is perfect!

Shawna said...

Beautiful sun flare on the 1st one!! Love the last one too!

pat said...

Danielle, wonderful journaling, and focus on not only the temple, but what it means in our lives. Lucky you to be so close to a temple!

Liz said...

I really like the second shot of the temple, the color is very nice.
The shot of your DD on the swings is so fun!

April said...

gorgeous..i love seeing pictures of the temple.

Suzy said...

Hope you don't mind me coming back here to chat lol.. Sounds like you needed an "Advanced ps" course. The one I'm taking starts tonight at WX high and is $70 - if your interested? It's an advanced PS. If you are interested I have a link?

Anonymous said...

wow what a beautiful temple! great shots. love the third one! i love babies on swings!

Anonymous said...

love the angle on your swing shot!
tara

Jess said...

The temple is just SO amazing! I really really like that 2nd shot. And your dd swinging is so cute and fun! :)

Dana Anderson said...

Love the color of the temple shot. Evening and morning shots make them the best. Great golden cast to the temple.
Thanks for the info it will take me a little bit to figure it out.
love ya
dana

Danielle said...

No problem. Just let me know if you need any help. It does take a bit to figure out and I am still trying. Mine is pretty basic cause that's all I know how to do.