Friday, January 25, 2008

Not on Theme Technically

Ok so this has been one of those weeks were I wish I hadn't gotten out of bed. I am recovered from my sickness, (thanks for think of me) which is a good thing since on thursday we had to take my husbands grandma to the emergency room. It was a pretty scary day and felt like if anything could go wrong it did. I spent most of the day at the hospital. At about 5:15 that evening I left to get my dd from a very good friend who was kind enough to watch her. On the way I got stuck in a snowbank, I got out the car to see what I needed to do to get out. The car was still running and in gear (didn't realize this) I stupidly shut the door and the car locked. So my car was stuck, running, in gear, and everything I needed was in the car (cell phone....etc.) Talk about nightmare. My husband couldn't come help me cause he was in class and I had his car along with my own. (His keys were also in side my car). So it took 2 1/2 hours to get into my car. So I didn't get to my dd until 8 at night. She had been at my friends since 1:30. Can I just say that Thursday was a nightmare of a day.

I do have to mention that the day didn't start out all bad. Before all this began my friend let me come over and take some picks with her studio lights and backgrounds. (Very kind of her) I was able to get these pictures for my ABC book. I have F and L completed. Thanks Shantel! As usual dd is not smiling in any of these but I have given up on fighting with her about it.

As a follow up on grandma, she is doing much better. She had stopped eating, bathing, and drinking and had become so weak she couldn't do anything. Now she is where she can be cared for and we can find out what caused her to go down hill. I truely am greatful that we live in a place where she can get the needed medical attention to make her well again. Thanks for listening to me ramble on. I truely appreciate your comments, feedback and words of concern.



13 comments:

Mom2Drew said...

Oh bless your heart! I hate days like that, they just stink! Your pics are sweet though:)

HeyLady said...

How frustrating to be locked outside your car! I've had that happen before - but never when I wasn't close to someplace with a phone.

Great pictures. I really like the colors.

laulley

Amy said...

Sounds like yesterday was about as miserable as can be, but I'm happy to hear everything worked out. The colors of the first photo are so pretty, love the tights!

Photo's by Shan said...

Wow!! They turned out great! I love the way you have put them on the pages, and I love the borders and the colors!! Very cute! If you want to do any more here, just let me know. I hope your weekend is better than your Thursday.

Becky said...

Wow, you have had one heck of a week. Hope you have better peaceful days ahead.

Tera Fraley said...

Sounds like an awful day!! Im sorry!! Great pictures, those little stockings are too cute!! Such a cute lolipop pic too!

Unknown said...

Love the lollipop storyboard. Geez, seems like everyone is sick! Hope you feel better.

Katie said...

The pics look great and I hope this week is better than last....those darn snowbanks...I remember getting stuck in those before (I've lived in the south for 10 yrs now, but when I was learning to drive I plowed into many of them..haha)

Katie said...

The pics look great and I hope this week is better than last....those darn snowbanks...I remember getting stuck in those before (I've lived in the south for 10 yrs now, but when I was learning to drive I plowed into many of them..haha)

Val said...

Sweet photos. My heart just sank when I read your post. I feel like I could just feel that sinking feeling when you realized the keys were in the car. Hope today is lots better!

Margaret said...

Danielle, So sorry your last few days have been so rough! Love the flower and lollipop shots! Very colorful and cute!

Sarah Phipps said...

your pictures are very colorful. they are very cute photos.

Anonymous said...

I hope this week goes better for you. She is adorable.