Thursday, January 17, 2008

Before and After

I spent all day yesturday making tutu's for dd and one I got done she wanted to play in them. DH got home from work and the two of them started to play on the bed. I took these pictures which were lots of fun but just turned out terrible. My settings were all wrong and there just isn't any light in that room. I figured I would play and see if I could give them a grunge look. First pics are sooc except for crop. PPing involed croping adjusted levels added a vignette. Used Michelles crossprocessed action (really like just looking for right photo to use it on). Added a grunge texture and then a grunge border. Also added A and C for my ABC book. Thanks for looking. You all are awesome.






24 comments:

Farrah Jobling said...

wow...you really brightened that first one up. Looks great!

Anonymous said...

Love the one of her being thrown in the air...the edit! It is awesome!
Cari

amazing grace said...

wow! i'm impressed that you made tutus...haven't done that yet...i like your A and C storyboards too...cute!

Mandy said...

You did a great job. It does look like she is having so much fun eating that chocolate. Tell her to save me some. :)

Kristi said...

I think you did a GREAT job converting them!! I love how your book is coming along! I really like how you're getting 4 pics on a page...I wish my son would cooperate so I could actually get him IN the book!!

Mom2Drew said...

I'm really enjoying your ABC photos and nice job on the editing to that first shot...definitely improves(although I don't think the SOOC is that bad.)

Sharon said...

OMG! How much of that candy did you let her eat? Fun photos.

Toni said...

I love that chocolate storyboard. Too cute! Toni

Yvonne said...

I love your ABC pictures! Real creative!!

Val said...

Oh fun! Little girls in tutus are my favorite! Love the c is for chocolate page too!

Sara said...

Nice job with your edits!
I would suggest keeping your eye on your shutter speed. It's almost impossible to get a shot off of a toddler with a shutter speed of 1/30. If you increased your ISO, you could have had a little more wiggle room.

I really like the daddy daughter moments, though. And the tutu came out great!
I like the chocolate page... I might have to borrow that idea :)

Liz said...

Your storyboards are always so great!
Love A if for Alligator.

For Over 29 Years... said...

Yumm, love the C! I think the conversions really made a nice picture.

Teri said...

These look great, good for printing

tori said...

I really like your processing on the first set! Looks great! And love your A & C storyboards!

Becky said...

You are really good at rescuing shots. Maybe I should send you a bunch of mine! :-D

Ginnie said...

How great to catch that moment of your DH & DD playing together. Love your letters too!

Amy said...

Wow, the before/after on the first one is amazing. I really need to learn to use PS. Very nice!

Angela2932 said...

Very delightful photos. Slight blur, but I think it gives it a dreamy look, and adds to the mood/playfulness.

Margaret said...

Love the edits! You have some really cute shots here! That chocolate looks yummy!

robin said...

Love the progression of the 4 "chocolate" photos. Very cute!

Anonymous said...

Cute ABC storyboard pages your gonna have a nice book

pat said...

Cool shots--love the caught action. Your idea of the storyboard for the alphabet is very clever! The pink and green combo in the A shot is eye-popping.

Tera Fraley said...

Great job!! Such a sweet moment that you captured. Love your abcs too!!