So I'm not on theme and I didn't take this picture today. But I wanted to play with textures and see how I could do. I took this picture the end of October while in Florida. I don't have the settings or anything to share. But would love some CC on this. I would love to print it on a canvas but just can't afford that so I will probably just print it as an 8x10 or 11x14. The original picture is below. I didn't do anything with it, it's SOOC. Thanks for looking and thanks for your feedback.

Saturday, January 5, 2008
Try with textures
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


20 comments:
This is a good photo for a couple of reasons
1- it is crisp and sharp, no noise.
2-you should always try to remember the rule of thirds in your pictures. This makes it more pleasing to the eye. So if you are doing a landscape picutre you want either your foreground or background to take up the bottom or top third of your picture. So if you were taking a picture of the ocean you would not want the horizon in the middle of the picture. sorry that was so wordy. But what I wanted to say is that your foreground is in the bottom third so it looks good.
3-you left enough room at the top so that the steeple has room to go up. In this situation you want to make sure that there is enough room at the top, so it does not look cut off on accident.
4- curves are pleasing to the eye, especially S curves. I see some curves in your picture. That makes it nice
Overall I think you did a great job. I would really like to know what you did to make the vintage look!
I love the vintage look you did in your conversion. It looks great. Nice composition in the shot, as well.:)
I also like the vintage conversion.
You really do some neat things with PS!
And on a side note: thanks, the coopers, for your explanation. It helps me learn when I read comments like these.
I really like the vintage look of the photo. How did you do this? I think this would look great on canvas.
I really like your conversion here!
Thanks for the cc here is a little of what I did. I can't tell you exact cause I just kept playing til I got the look I wanted. First I changed it ti sepia, then did a yellow color overlay. Added a grain teture. Used some grunge brushes on it in black and lowered the opacity. I erased some of the texture around the temple. Then did a black color overlay and stamped a grunge brush on it to remove some of the color. but really I just played with for about an hour doing different stuff. Not a very good discription about what I did but that should give you an idea. I used some grunge brushes that I got from Osidiandawn.com and the one that really finished it of was from brueheezy.com. They were the nature grunge. I really love to .play in photoshop. I really addicted and can't wait to get CS3 someday. I'm using PSE4.0
Love what you did on the first one!
Caro
I think this would look awesome. I really love the texture and the comp is really strong :)
This is really cool...I usually don't get into textures much but this looks really nice...
I have to say i like the original photo better. Love that cool blue and bright white.
Is this the Orlando temple? I really like your conversion on it--gives it such a nice vintage look. Great focus.
That is a really cool conversion and the original is really nice clean photo. If I had any CC it would be on the composition. To me I think it would be a stronger image if you could crop it so that the steeple of the church was more to the left of the photo and you could see more of the front of the chuch. Also I think zooming out just a bit so that the steeple was a little further down in your picture would have made for a stronger image as well. Overall you did a great job!
I like the conv...I think it's great, it would make a nice canvas.
Very pretty texture conversion. I love the dark greens of the trees against the lighter color.
I like the conv. Nice job
It's a beautiful photo, nicely done! I like that you included the original as well. I'd love to see the texture a bit lighter, maybe reduce the opacity of the layer a bit. As it is, I think it detracts a bit from such a strong image.
Very cool....textures are fuN!
very nice! the sooc is beautiful as well.
Wonderful conversion! We're LDS too!
Post a Comment