Friday, January 18, 2008

Before and After

So I have a couple for you to look at today. One texture pic to be on theme(didn't take pic today though) and then 3 for my book. Well techniqually 2 but I can't decide which one I like the best for S so please I really need your two cents on this one. Let me know what you think looks better the vintage look or the color pop or you can say neither if you just plain don't like it. So as far as the texture one goes I wish I could tell you what I did but I can't really remember I just kinda went and played. I just downloaded a curves plug in and have been having fun trying to figure out how that works so I did play with that a little bit. So thanks for looking and all your CC. Sometimes it's the hightlight of my day to come and see what everyone says about my work.
before

SOOC ss 1/1000 f/4.0 iso 100
after



I'm so excited about this one as I think these pictures turne.d out really well. The only pping i did on these was levels to brighten them up. My fav is the picture of her washing her leg, she looks like such a young lady lol. And then don't we all wish we could read in the tube. Sorry I just love these pictures. Oh and just a little note about "tubbers", it's dd and grandpa's favorite word. So this one is for Papa.

Do you like this one or............

this one? Or neither?

26 comments:

Krista P said...

I like the first stuffed animal one a LOT. It's very soft and delicate.

The tubby pics crack me up. I wish I could have that much fun in the bath.

Mandy said...

I really love the first one! So So sweet. I love who you collage your photos too. It really tells a story that way.

Toni said...

The second is my favorite. Love them..SO cute. TOni

jordan.krogman said...

I really like the first one (letter "S" pic), too. :) I also like the texture you gave to your very first photo.

Margaret said...

I love the texture you did on the top photo. I haven't really done much with textures. I need to experiment more. For the stuffed animal pictures, I love the second one. Love those bright colors. Those tub shots are really cute, too! Nice, nice job!

Liz said...

I love the second photo, you did a great job on the color and the texture is really nice too.

April Michelle said...

they are cute shots - really good job - i like the b&w stuffed animals very nice

Sharon said...

The vintage on that second photo is wonderful!

Val said...

I think I like the vintage on the stuffed animal photo. There is so much going on in the photo that I think the vintage calms it down a a little.

Anonymous said...

I really like the second photo! Great work!
Cari

Mom2Drew said...

I really like your conversion of that first shot...gives it an aged feel.

For Over 29 Years... said...

I think I like the color one beter. good job. The tubby one is so cute!

Jennifer said...

Yep have to say I like the 1st stuffed animal one better!! Thes tubbers on is so cute too!! Great photos :)

Photo's by Shan said...

I totally love your pictures! I love the texture one, and I really like the tubbers page. That is sooooo cute! Out of the other two, I really like them both, but I think my favorite is the one with the color. I love bright colors. As far as the CS 3 goes that I just got, I am sure it will take me years to figure it out. LOL I have had PSE 3, and I still don't know what I am doing. You are so way ahead of me already. You are a fast learner. We should get together and learn some stuff. You have a lot you could teach me. We could go out and do a shoot together. I am never in any pictures, I am always behind the camera. We could do photo shoots of each other for practice. LOL I love textures, I need you to teach me. You can come up and try the CS 3 anytime, I think I need more RAM before I put it on my computer. My computer is so slow lately, especially after downloading a bunch of brushes.

Anonymous said...

Love your collage. I know this is not going to help because I like both S's

Amy said...

I like the second photo the best, the coloring is perfect for the mood. Very nice!

Becky said...

I'm not sure which I like better. I guess I'd say the one that makes the book more unified. Lots of help, huh?

Tori said...

These are really cute! I like your editing on the first one!

Photo's by Shan said...

I would love to go to SLC with you and the peas, let me know what time, I can drive if you want. Thanks!
PS, I love the texture on your photo, how do you keep it from being on Gabby? Do you just erase it off of her after you apply it?
Shantel

Melissa said...

Love the conversion in your first shot. So sweet!

Anonymous said...

so sweet!
i love the 2nd one!
tara

Suzy said...

I like the first one! And what a fun page! Great work!

Angela2932 said...

I vote for the first stuffed animals, totally love the leg/bathtub pic, and love both of the first 2! Your pp'ing seems to be really working well!

Stacey said...

I really like both, the first one seems to focus on your DD better though. I really like how you Post Processed the photo of your DD outside too

Photo's by Shan said...

Well, I am bummed. My brother called and my nephew's first birthday is next Saturday at 3 pm, so I probably won't be able to make it to SLC with the Peas. If you do it again, let me know, I would love to go. I would still love to get together sometime.

Photo's by Shan said...

PS, I am going to try a story board for him, I hope it turns out as good as yours did.