Sunday, January 13, 2008

Before and After

Ok I took the weekend off so I could spend some time with my family. But I am really glad to be back. A while ago I was looking through two peas and found a tutorial on putting a picture inside a picture and wanted to try it. So I played with a valentines card with that Idea in mind. Finished project it the picture at the end. Under each picture is a description of what I did as I combined these three pictures to get the final product.

SOOC ss 1/200 f/5.6 ISO 400.
First I changed the background to layer and used the magic wand tool to empty the picture frame. Then I changed the bright/contrast settings to 50(b)/40(c) create a duplicate layer change to threshold then gaussian blur at 20. Change blend to screen and lower opacity to 20%.

SOOC ss 1/200 f/5.6 ISO 400.
I followed the same instructions above starting with Bright/Contrast.

SOOC ss 1/1250 f/5.0 ISO 400
Changed the background to a layer then used the magic wand tool to remove the white background. Increased the saturation.
For final picture I copied dd into the picture with the frame and resized. Copied the flower over 3 times and resized. The brush is from obsidian dawn. Gave it a boarder and added the title.
CC always welcome. Thanks for looking.

24 comments:

Kristi said...

Gosh, I think you did a GREAT job! This inspires me to try it!!

Anonymous said...

That is way cool!
Cari

Toni said...

HOW NEAT! Toni

C said...

that is really neat!! great job!!

jordan.krogman said...

Wow, now that is SOME photoshopping! I've never tought to do something like that before. Great job! :)

--sme said...

WOW, you did an amazing job combining all those elements!

Tasha said...

I would have never had thought of that! Good job! thanks for the idea!

Melissa said...

Great job with this!

It's These Little Moments said...

That looks great how you put them all together like that.

Angela2932 said...

Wow! Totally creative! You don't need a hard hat unless it's to protect you from adoring fans!

Photo's by Shan said...

Wow! I am so totally impressed! I am going to have to try that. You are amazing! Thanks for the info on other brushes. Amanda is a beautiful model, I did her senior pictures last April, and that is one of the pictures that I took. (I took about 180 pictures. She loves to have her picture taken. LOL) Tiffanee is really pretty too. I did some pictures for her of her and her friends.

Tori said...

very cute! great job!

Sharon said...

Very nice, great job!

Mandy said...

I love that flower just all by itself! That is awesome. You did a wonderful job on all of these.

Michelle said...

very nice job! i might add a slight drop shadow on the flowers but that is the only thing i noticed. again, nice job!

Ashley Hiskes said...

What a great job!

Tomboymama said...

That is so neat. I love the final product! Great job. That picture is too cute.

Becky said...

That is SOOOOO cool! I've never seen effect before

Mom2Drew said...

Looks like work, but you made it appear effortless. Nice job.

Margaret said...

That is so awesome! I love how you put that all together. Love the colors!

Tera Fraley said...

How cool, thats neat!! All those layers confuse me!! Yeah for you!

Liz said...

Wow great job! I am so jealous of your skeels!

Debbi said...

How creative. I think it looks terrific - love the colors!

Travis said...

Nice job I think that is a great idea.

Travis