Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas

Here are a few of my Christmas memories. I learned this new technique of getting starbursts from the lights on the trees and I just think it makes my tree glow. I only wish I could have accomplished this with the picture of Gabby. Unfortunately she won't sit completely still for 25 secs. Merry Christmas!

ETA: ok here is the trick to get the starbursts on your christmas tree. You'll want to shoot in manual mode. Set your Apeture at f/11 or higher (I shot at f/22) ISO at 100 and your shutter speed at 25". You'll want to use a tripod so as not to have camera shake, if you don't have a tripod you'll want to set your camera on a stable surface so that it doesn't move. I use the timer on my camera again so that I don't have any camera shake when I take the picture. Make sure that the only light in the room is what's coming from the tree and take the picture. You can adjust your shutter speed up or down depending on how much light you need.















5 comments:

Dana Anderson said...

They are absolutely beautiful!!
Loren says you are way better than me. He's right.
just love them.

Danette Garrett said...

I hope that you are going to share your secrets.

Cynthia said...

Those are awesome!! I love them!!!

Photo's by Shan said...

I love, love, love your edits on these! They are gorgeous!

Haylee said...

I love the pictures. Man---you're getting better every day!!!!How do you make the college using adobe? I haven't figured out how to do it yet and get the background black.