Thursday, April 3, 2008

Strawberries

I bought some strawberries today and thought they fit for spring (going outside still looks like fall). I really had a hard time pping these, I wanted to do a color pop but just couldn't get it to look right. So I tried the overexposed look. I know there was lots of talk about it but I like the look. Though I really wish I could figure out how to do a nice color pop. Thanks for all the CC you gave yesturday. I really appreciate it.







Settings ISO 100 SS 1/100-1/200 F/1.8 natural light

25 comments:

April said...

ok..those look delicious. now i'm craving those. great shots.

Anonymous said...

These look great! I love them all and think the color is great!
Cari

Jess said...

I'm with you... I love the overexposed look too! Those strawberries look DELICIOUS!

Melissa said...

hmmmm! She is adorable!

Margaret said...

Cool compositions on these. Looks like your daughter is enjoying eating them. They look yummy. These are great shots!

For Over 29 Years... said...

I struggle with this also, but I think you did good. I think that yellow is a hard color to get right. I love what you did on the last one with DOF

Sharon said...

What a cute idea! Love the second one.

C said...

Adorable... super cute 1st shot too! Great job :)

Jason said...

Oh those look good and they are even healty! Great shots TFS.

Kristen Wagner Penn said...

Yummy! Those are great and I love how you processed them.

amazing grace said...

what a cutie!! love that first shot!

Anonymous said...

what great shots!
LOVe the last one!
tara

Mom2Drew said...

I think the overexposed look works for these images, really makes that strawberry appear even more red. Do you have the curves option? That can give a nice color pop, as well as a light soft light layer at a low opacity and even the sponge tool, set to saturate at a low opacity as well.

jordan.krogman said...

Yum yum yum. . . I just bought a bunch of strawberries yesterday, but the girls and I gobbled them up right away! Now I'm going to have to go buy some more. . . ;) lol

Donnah Ciempka said...

Oooh yummo. I think the first one is the sweetest.

Kristina said...

Love this bright look, especially with her yellow shirt. Very springy!

Mandy said...

Your exposure on these is so great actually. I love the light feeling of them. What I do for a slight color pop is to duplicate the layer in photoshop, and then desaturated the duplicate layer, and then change the blending mode to soft light, and adjust the opacity from there.

Bobbi said...

I think the overexposed look is really great when done right. I think you did an awesome job with it, it really makes for soft pictures.

Becky said...

Beautiful lighting, and I really like the color the way it is. The second one down is my favorite.

Reds said...

So cute - I want some strawberries now... :)

Jen said...

YUMMY! Nice captures~

Shawna said...

I like the "soft" look to these! The 2nd one is adorable! My little one LOVES strawberries too!

Val said...

Cute shots! She is such little doll. I like how you processed these. And I like the DOF on the last one

Melena said...

Gabby is so cute
It would of looked good if the strawberry was more popped

Suzy said...

Awwww soo sweet!!