For dd's birthday we got her some finger paints and sinve it was snowing today and we weren't going anywhere I thought it would be a nice opportunity to pull out the paints. Dad came home and dd decide he was going to help her whether he wanted to or not. She sure had a lot of fun painting and I had a lot of fun playing with camera. I'm not completely happy with the pictures so I used michelle pearsons crossprocessed action on them. They had an orange color cast to them that I didn't like and I really need to work on good focus. I guess it will just take practice learning to stay still. I have to admit it's not easy going to a new camera. It seems like you have to relearn how to use it. I spent a lot of time in the manual today. Man there is so much more I can do with the xti then I could with my rebel, it makes my head spin. Thanks for looking and for the cc. I would love some good, hard cc on what I could do to improve these. I can take what you have to give.



canon xti
50mm 1.8
ISO 800 f/2.0 SS 1/125 natural light shot in manual
Thanks again for the cc.
Thursday, February 7, 2008
Not on theme
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


24 comments:
Looks like a lot of fun to me. They do look a bit underexposed to me on the blog...could be my screen too.
Getting a new camera is always tough...you will get the hang of it though.
How fun!!! What cool parents! ;) I just ADORE that last one of her all focused with her little tongue out! Too sweet!
This looks like a whole lotta fun! Love the photos and the colors!
cari
How fun!! Love that last one, shes concentrating so hard!
These are super-cute! It really looks like a fun time!
My only cc is that they do look a tad underexposed... I find with my XTi that I have to set the exposure compensation to 1 or 2 dots to the right of 0 to get good exposures. Also, that color cast is an easy fix- learning to do a custom white balance was the best thing ever!
Exposure compensation is on page 74 and custom white balance is on page 86 & 87 of your manual. I know it's a lot to take in at first, but you'll get it I promise!
I like the cross process on them... looks cool! great pictures!
That last shot is great with the determination showing on her little face.
A true artist at work... I love the little tongue stickin' out!
Hey I know what you mean about focusing, and trying to use natural light. It is tough! Especially when they don't hold still. I have been really struggling with shooting indoors. Its funny that it is harder to take a picture with a "nice camera" than it is with a point and shoot, go figure!
Keep up the practicing!
What a fun day. These are so sweet. Those days go by so fast.
new equipment does take time getting used to you, but good for you getting out there and learning. cute pics.
I love the photo with her tongue sticking out! She looks so intent! Some photos are just important to have, regardless of whether or not they're "perfect."
I love fingerpainting.. great captures of a great time.
How fun. She looks so cute in the one where she is sticking her tongue out.
What a fun thing to do for her birthday!
I agree with Jess about the custom white ballance, it does wonders. Even still though, I often have issues with my color and I have had my camera for a while. So I feel ya!
These are all cute, but I adore the last one with her tongue out! Lots of fun, bright colors.
Cute.. i LOVE the last one, but they do look underexposed...
She is going to be a great artist. What fun she is having
Kelly A
I agree with Jess about setting the exposure compensation. I have to do that with my XT and they still have to be lightened up often.
so sweet that they did that together!!!!
great you captured the moment also!
tara
LOVE these! especially the last one with that little tongue sticking out
how fun!!! Last one is my favorite
looks like she had a really fun time! i really like the last one where she's really concentrating...
adorable! love the look of concentration on her face in the last one
Post a Comment